Wembley Stadium Events Parking System
As part of their preparations for the London 2012 Olympics, Brent Council are undertaking a refurbishment of the Wembley Stadium events parking variable message sign system.
The Protective Parking Scheme in use around Wembley ensures that on event days only residents displaying a valid permit are allowed to park within a 1.5 mile radius of the stadium. 22 variable message signs inform residents and visitors alike of the event days when parking restrictions apply.
Wembley Stadium will be use throughout the London 2012 Olympics for the men’s and women’s football tournaments:
- 29 July, 17:00 - 21:45: Senegal v Uruguay (Men) & Great Britain v United Arab Emirates (Men)
- 31 July, 19:45 - 21:45: Great Britain v Brazil (Women)
- 1 August ,17:00 - 19:00: Korea v Gabon (Men)
- 4 August, 14:30 - 16:30: Men's quarter-final
- 6 August, 17:00 - 19:00: Women's semi-final
- 7 August, 17:00 - 19:00: Men's semi-final
- 9 August, 19:45 - 22:15: Women's gold medal match / victory ceremony
- 11 August, 15:00 - 17:30: Men's gold medal match / victory ceremony
Sheriff Technologies Ltd are providing best-value for Brent Council by delivering the most cost-effective maintenance, repair and refurbishment service for the existing variable message signs; while ensuring the system is fully functional by the time the Olympic flame is lit at the opening ceremony on 27th July.